Language resources for Localization in Orchard RRS feed

• Question

• Do orchard use localization dependent language resources today or is there any plan on doing it in the future?

When i look trough source code I see alot of hard coded message, it would be nice to have those in a localization language resource so the message is displayed to the end user in their native language if possible.
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:21 AM

Answers

• We completely agree this is an important feature.  We've started making some of our strings go through a localizer, but the API for localization isn't yet complete.

Any chance this is something you'd be interested in helping out on or do you have any specific thoughts around it?  :)
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:06 AM
  • One thing to add to this is that if you see a UI string that doesn't go through T(string) it's a bug. That's actually an easy patch to contribute ;)
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:19 AM

All replies

• We completely agree this is an important feature.  We've started making some of our strings go through a localizer, but the API for localization isn't yet complete.

Any chance this is something you'd be interested in helping out on or do you have any specific thoughts around it?  :)
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:06 AM
  • One thing to add to this is that if you see a UI string that doesn't go through T(string) it's a bug. That's actually an easy patch to contribute ;)
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:19 AM
  • Okey, thanks for the answers.

If you already are working on API for localization it seems best to maybe finish that first.

Under the time I could keep my eyes open for UI strings that doesn't go trough T(string) and fix those.

What doest T(string) do, doest it translate the string against a dictionary or something?
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:31 AM
  • without looking at the code, i thin T(string) does a html.encode and then localises the string using orchards localization stuff... it is exposed as part of the Orchard.mvc.Viewpagecontrol
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 11:35 PM