How can I get game rating certificate?

Question

• Hi,

How can I get game rating certificate?

I can't understand how can I get game rating certificate from the board.

I sent the gdf.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
    -<GameDefinitionFile xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:GameDescription.v1" xmlns:baseTypes="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:GamesExplorerBaseTypes.v1">
    -<GameDefinition gameID="{5B5D245F-6F63-4CF1-8B05-473CEAACCE86}">
    <Name>Words Gen</Name>
    <Description>The App is a Word Search Puzzle Generator and player.</Description>
    <ReleaseDate>2014-11-04</ReleaseDate>
    -<Ratings>
    -<Rating ratingID="{7A53B0BE-B92D-4e8a-A11F-8E6F9F3C575B}" ratingSystemID="{768BD93D-63BE-46A9-8994-0B53C4B5248F}">
    <Descriptor descriptorID="{8730ABFA-476C-48d7-976C-149E36EFA57E}"/>
    </Rating>
    </Ratings>
    -<Version>
    <VersionNumber versionNumber="1.0.0.0"/>
    </Version>
    -<ExtendedProperties>
    -<GameTasks>
    -<Play>
    -<Primary>
    <FileTask arguments="" path="Words Gen"/>
    </Primary>
    </Play>
    <Support/>
    </GameTasks>
    </ExtendedProperties>
    </GameDefinition>
    </GameDefinitionFile>

I got

Content compliance:         failed     

This test evaluates your software for content compliance with Windows Store Certification Requirements.       Learn more

Your app doesn't meet requirement 11.11.                                                                                  Learn more                                                                                         

Notes from Testers:    

Your submission includes markets which require a game rating from a recognized ratings board but no such rating was provided. For more information on ratings boards and markets that require such ratings, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh694080.aspx. To use an age rating from a ratings board, you must upload an XML-formatted data file called a game definition file (GDF). For more info about GDF syntax, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh465153.aspx.                        

<form action="/StorePortals/en-us/Developer/Catalog/CreateNewRelease?productGuid=42cdca4c-b662-4fb5-953a-e60edb9b871e" id="ws_NewReleaseForm" method="post">

<input name="__RequestVerificationToken" type="hidden" value="eRQ1wlf+EKjTvbG+8FTYSMxBtC8e8qquS209uDbZSpAmwpk4lwG3tuGCQD5U4cq/gReWd1JSOIjsFqoV4nfgaPSR63aqia1cdcNH3OqEC8w1C99BLeBazwwldJQsmdQ+4+f+04m+u1/j5+a1hoE0N6bdhzmdPTGZ5z06Gwu9PcJjp84+" /> I don't understand:

"Your submission includes markets which require a game rating from a recognized ratings board but no such rating was provided."

How can I get it?

Or is included in gdf.xml and after I submit for certification the board look on it and give the approve?

What extra action I suppose to do?

</form>

Thanks

ADRIAN DIBU

Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:30 PM

Answers

• (1) GDFMaker will generate a xml file, upload it on Age rating and rating certificates

(2) you need to get game rating certification files. For example, US need ESRB, so go to the url https://autoratingtool.esrb.org/ARTclient/Windows8Metro.aspx     to fill out the form. Then you wiil receive a mail with a pdf file. upload the pdf file to

PS: Taiwan CSSR no need to  upload the pdf file.

在現實生活中,你和誰在一起的確很重要,甚至能改變你的成長軌跡,決定你的人生成敗。 和什麼樣的人在一起,就會有什麼樣的人生。 和勤奮的人在一起,你不會懶惰; 和積極的人在一起,你不會消沈; 與智者同行,你會不同凡響; 與高人為伍,你能登上巔峰。

• Edited by Bill ChungMVP Friday, November 7, 2014 9:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by adibu Friday, November 7, 2014 4:44 PM
    Friday, November 7, 2014 9:15 AM

All replies

• You will have to get the Age rating from the boards of the countries that you intend to sell the game in and provide the results in the GFX-Generator. You can find more information on the rating boards, countries, etc. in this article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694080.aspx
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:04 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the prompt answer.

I got a Certificate Number and a Certificate Code.

I expected to put the info in GDFMaker.exe 

I didn't find the place.

What I suppose to do?

Best regards

Tanks

ADRIAN DIBU

Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:48 PM
  • (1) GDFMaker will generate a xml file, upload it on Age rating and rating certificates

(2) you need to get game rating certification files. For example, US need ESRB, so go to the url https://autoratingtool.esrb.org/ARTclient/Windows8Metro.aspx     to fill out the form. Then you wiil receive a mail with a pdf file. upload the pdf file to

PS: Taiwan CSSR no need to  upload the pdf file.

在現實生活中,你和誰在一起的確很重要,甚至能改變你的成長軌跡,決定你的人生成敗。 和什麼樣的人在一起,就會有什麼樣的人生。 和勤奮的人在一起,你不會懶惰; 和積極的人在一起,你不會消沈; 與智者同行,你會不同凡響; 與高人為伍,你能登上巔峰。

• Edited by Bill ChungMVP Friday, November 7, 2014 9:19 AM
    • Marked as answer by adibu Friday, November 7, 2014 4:44 PM
    Friday, November 7, 2014 9:15 AM