Godaddy PWS Admin logon password help SQL RRS feed

• Question

• User244332289 posted

I changed the password for the MS SQL DB on Godaddy, big mastake.

Anyway I had to change the Webconfig file to show the new password finally got the PWS site back but and running.

However I can't logon to any of the users I had previously setup and I don't want to start again or loose my pictures.

I do not know how to use SQL or the godaddy interface to well so I don't know how to reset the passwords.

I can see the four users I set up but the passwords are encripted and I can't leave them blank? 

Sunday, June 17, 2007 4:50 PM

All replies

• User-262010514 posted

Do you have remote access to the SQL database?

If so it'll take a few seconds to get you up and running.

Nava

Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:13 PM
  • User244332289 posted

Yes I have remote access. I don't know how to update.

A work around I used was use the following script: But this was to setup new users.  I don't know how to update

DECLARE

@userID uniqueidentifier,

@roleID uniqueidentifier,

@userName nvarchar(256)

SET @userName = 'YOUR_USERNAME_HERE'

SET @userID = (SELECT TOP 1 UserId FROM aspnet_Users WHERE UserName = @userName)

UPDATE aspnet_Membership SET IsApproved = 1 WHERE UserId = @userID

SET @roleID = (SELECT RoleId FROM aspnet_Roles WHERE RoleName = 'Administrators')

INSERT INTO aspnet_UsersInRoles (RoleId, UserId) VALUES (@roleID, @userID)

Monday, June 18, 2007 1:58 PM
  • User-262010514 posted

Create a new user using the the register feature on the site.

Then open up the dbo.aspnet_Users and change the False to True this will allow the user name to log in.

Open the dbo.aspnet_Roles Get the info for the admin role and then open dbo.aspnet_UsersInRoles and input the admin info to the new user you just created. Once done you should be able to login as a admin.  You can delete old members and re register them.

Nava

Monday, June 18, 2007 2:16 PM