none
how to remake nk.bin of wince 6.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I wanna add some .exe in nk.bin. So I try to extract nk.bin. use nkbintools After! add new .exe file in folder(nk.bin extract folder). Now I wanna remake nk.bin! How to do that? I don't have bsp of this target board.
    Sunday, December 7, 2014 8:28 AM

All replies

• You are a little sketchy about what you actually have done.   But I think that you have extracted all of the files.

Now you just need to create a BIB file to put it all back together.   This is not a small task and will require some information about the memory layout of your system.  Viewbin and give you that information, but it won't be straightforward or easy.  And no guarantee that you won't brick your system.

What you want to do is not easy because it is not meant to be easy.  Imagine to problems it would created if random people could easily retool their embedded systems.

Good luck.  My comments here are not meant to encourage you, or suggest that what you want to do is even possible.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com

Monday, December 8, 2014 9:15 PM