none
Test signing is failing RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to test sign my driver file using this link. I followed the instructions on the page and generated the cab file using the winqual submission tool to submit it for test signing. Since the driver is a reseller submission there is a less chance that it fails to meet the specification. However everytime I submit my cab file for test signing, the status comes back as failed without any diagnostics information. Does anyone have any idea as to how can I get my cab file test signed?
    • Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:40 PM Move to new forum (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:32 PM

Answers

• I realize this is very old having started in the WDK forum before being moved into this more appropriate location. Hopefully you've already figured this out.  But seeing the number of views I figured I better get you some answer.  First test signing requires signing the test signing agreement.  I don't think this was your problem but for those looking for help on test signing this could be their problem. if the test  submission is failing its got to be pretty basic, there's very little involved.  I'd contact Sysdev@microsoft.com about the the specific submission. They can tell you why its failing. I'm also wonder if this is a resold driver why you are using test signing.  The resold driver should already be signed.

Good luck with your device.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:37 PM