none
Debugging SharePoint solutions on different server RRS feed

• Question

• Can we debug a SharePoint 2013 custom farm solution like a Visual Web Part on a different SharePoint site which is not available on local machine but on a different SharePoint server? I tried to put a site URL as shown below in image for debugging and this site is not available locally but on a different SharePoint server.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 5:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to debug a SharePoint farm solution, please make sure you have installed the SharePoint server in your environment.

Then make sure the SharePoint site can accessible, try to open the URL in the local browser.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 2, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Hi Denis,

Thanks for the response.

Finally I have come up with a solution to the above exception. Yes we can overcome the above exception and can locally create SharePoint Solution without having SharePoint locally installed and can remotely debug through a local machine.

I have posted detailed step on my blog:

Remote Debugging a SharePoint 2013 Farm Solution in Visual Studio 2013

• Marked as answer by Zakir Chougle Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:35 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:27 AM
  • Hi Zakir,

Thanks for sharing, It will help others who suck with the problem!

You can mark the reply as answer, it will make others who stuck with the similar issue easier to search for valid solutions in this forum.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, February 2, 2017 9:33 AM