Chinese characters/VBA inputbox command RRS feed

• Question

• We recently upgraded from Windows XP/Office 2003 to Windows 7/Office 2010, and I am now experiencing problems with Chinese text used to display bilingual InputBoxes in VBA (also version 7.0.)

I have not needed to install special fonts to display Chinese before, and Chinese still displays properly in Word, in Excel, and in my Access tables and forms.  But in the VBA code used to produce input boxes, the Chinese has become garbled:

Dim strInput as String

strInput = Trim(InputBox("ÊäÈë¶ÓÁбàÂë (Enter COHOID.)"))

(This used to display as strInput = Trim(InputBox("输入队列编码 (Enter COHOID.)")

It displays this same way when the code is run. 

Any ideas?  I've tried adjusting the EditorFormat language in VBA (Tools/Options), but the Chinese still does not display properly when the code is run.

Thanks so much!

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:52 PM

Answers

• Hi tjw2,

Welcome.

You may try to install the Chinese language package in OS (Windows 7). After that, you may follow these steps: From the Control Panel, go to Region and Language. Go to the Administrator tab, click "Change System locale" in the panel "Language for non-Unicode programs", and select Chinese. Refer to the following picture, please:

Good day.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by tjw2 Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:13 PM
    Friday, June 14, 2013 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi tjw2,

Welcome.

You may try to install the Chinese language package in OS (Windows 7). After that, you may follow these steps: From the Control Panel, go to Region and Language. Go to the Administrator tab, click "Change System locale" in the panel "Language for non-Unicode programs", and select Chinese. Refer to the following picture, please:

Good day.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by tjw2 Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:13 PM
    Friday, June 14, 2013 6:55 AM
  • Yoyo, thank you so much!  That solved my problem!
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 11:13 PM
  • Glad it helps.

Good day.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]

Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:07 AM