PowerPivot Data Refresh failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to configure PowerPivot data refresh on an Excel workbook stored in a SharePoint library. The source data that will be imported during the refresh process is located in the same library. I am able to schedule the data refresh but it fails with the following error :-

"The data refresh for 'DataRefreshTest.xlsx' on Reports has failed with the following error:
    OLE DB or ODBC error: '\\intranet.briggsequipment.co.uk\reportcentre\PowerPivotData' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.; 3044. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'b153a134-f97b-4a46-a372-71490722bc41', Name of 'Text S19DataSource 2'. An error occurred while processing the 'S19DataSource' table. The operation has been cancelled."

The path to the data connection is a valid path and the data refresh works fine manually. The error ocurrs when scheduling the data refresh. I'm not too sure what happens during a scheduled data refresh but I'm currently reading blogs concerning the 2010 Office ACE provider which seems to reference similar issues? Has anyone else experienced the above error? Help much appreciated. Regards, Foal

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 4:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your question, this error appears in the data refresh history page when the server could not connect to external data sources on remote servers. Either the account used to run data refresh, or the data source credentials specified in the schedule, does not have read permissions on the data source. To resolve this issue, grant the account read permissions and retry data refresh.

In addition, you can refer to the following article to troubleshoot your issue:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/troubleshooting-powerpivot-data-refresh.aspx

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:40 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 3:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From your question, this error appears in the data refresh history page when the server could not connect to external data sources on remote servers. Either the account used to run data refresh, or the data source credentials specified in the schedule, does not have read permissions on the data source. To resolve this issue, grant the account read permissions and retry data refresh.

In addition, you can refer to the following article to troubleshoot your issue:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/troubleshooting-powerpivot-data-refresh.aspx

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:40 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 3:01 AM
  • Hi Rock,

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback. The article looks very useful. I'll apply your advice and see if I can get it to works correctly.

Regards,

Nick

Nick Allsebrook
    Friday, October 28, 2011 7:25 AM