none
[Help] Retreive large data from Database through WCF RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,
    Thank you for reading my message.
    I'm taking a WCF project and facing a very difficult problem. So I need your helps to resolve my problem.

I'm working with Oracle Database. As you know, it takes a very long time to retrieve a large data (a bout 10.000 rows) to store it in memory (alias Dataset or List<something>).

Because of the long time for retrieving database, in my project, I want to display constantly rows (over the DataGridView) eachtime my application retrieve one row.

This requirement doesn't become a problem if our client application connect directly to database and retrieve data (Just using DataReader inside a Thread)

But in the WCF environment, our client applications and service application are deployed seperately, maybe in the different machines. So how could my client get rows constantly from service applicaiton? In another way, how could my client recieves each row everytime my service retrieves one row (not until my service retrieve all 10.000 rows then send them all to my client)?

Thank you for your help!!!

Name: Thái Hùng
    Email: ThaiHung.BKHN@Gmail.com
    Y!M: ThaiHung.BKHN
    Thursday, September 11, 2008 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Thai,

This is the sync services forum and not the right forum for this question. I am moving your question over to the ADO.NET forum.

Friday, September 12, 2008 5:50 AM
  • Hi Thai,

Can you describe the server and client WCF components a little more?

Typically in client server development the client will call the server once ( something.GetData) to retrieve the data. Is this data coming back as a dataSet or DataTable? If possible can you send some code snippets to describe this more.

Thanks

Chris Robinson

Program Manager - DataSet

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 3:16 PM