Sql Server Import Export Wizard Export Excel 2003 Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have SQL Server 2005.  Using the Import/Export Wizard to export values from a table to an Excel 2003 file.  I want the wizard to drop the existing excel file and create a new one with just the records from this execution.   On the "Choose a Destination" page, I select Microsoft Excel and enter the path for my Excel file (\\fffjp02\public\connect dat files\override.xls). I hit "Next" twice and then select my source and destination files.  My destination file is the same one selected on the "Choose a Destination" page: file (\\fffjp02\public\connect dat files\override.xls).  I then click the "Edit Mappings" button at the bottom of the page and check the box which says to "Drop and re-create destintion table".  The only radio button that is enabled is "Create destination table".   I then save the SSIS Package and define it, Name, Description, Target, etc.  When I click "Finish" to execute the wizard I get the following error: 

- Executing (Error)

Error 0xc001000e: DSI_Tech_Override: The connection "DestinationConnectionOLEDB" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.
    (SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Error 0xc001000e: DSI_Tech_Override: The connection "DestinationConnectionOLEDB" is not found. This error is thrown by Connections collection when the specific connection element is not found.

Error 0xc00291eb: Drop table(s) SQL Task: Connection manager "DestinationConnectionOLEDB" does not exist.

Error 0xc0024107: Drop table(s) SQL Task: There were errors during task validation.

Any suggestions?Thanks!
    Monday, September 26, 2011 9:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• You cannot use the same file for source and destination as it would be exclusively locked by the source. BTW why would you do this? Are you in any ways transforming the data?

In case you need to do this, you could load the data to another file-> delete the original file-> rename the new file to the old name.

My Blog    |      Ask Me     
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:42 AM
  • I am not choosing the same file for the source and destination.  I am identifying the destination location twice.  Once on the "Choose a Destination" page and again when I select to map the destination file to the source file.

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:35 PM
  • Uncheck the Drop and Recreate check box as you have not created the xl document yet.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 2:09 PM
  • When I uncheck those boxes, then data is appended to the file and I need the file (Excel spreadsheet) deleted and recreated.  I only want data from the most recent run.
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:52 AM
  • When I uncheck those boxes, then data is appended to the file and I need the file (Excel spreadsheet) deleted and recreated.  I only want data from the most recent run.

why dont you create a simple package in BIDS and generate dynamic Excel file in each run to avoid data append in same file.

see this thread

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlintegrationservices/thread/bda433aa-c8f8-47c9-9e56-efd20b8354ac/

Shailesh, Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question.
    • Proposed as answer by Eileen Zhao Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:25 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Monday, October 3, 2011 8:35 AM
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:55 AM
  • With XL you do not have much choice rather than delete and recreate. Or you can follow the suggestion from Shailesh_R.

Another option is to have the destination as a flat file like .csv file. There you can delete and add new rows everytime. And then you can save the csv to xl pretty easily.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:26 PM