The certificate specified is invalid because it is expired or has another issue ERROR

Question

• My Certificate will expire soon and I got a new one and when trying to use it, it gives me this error "The certificate specified is invalid because it is expired or has another issue windows store", I research it and found this from Microsoft:

"If an error that's similar to "The certificate specified is invalid because it is expired or has another issue" appears during the signing process, use the Manifest Designer to create a test certificate that replaces the old one.

is creating and using a test certificate the solution, how can i use my new certificate?

Tariq

Tariq

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 8:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Jordan,

>>is creating and using a test certificate the solution, how can i use my new certificate?

Yes. Visual studio provide the method to replace or renew certificate to sign the app when building the package. See how to choose an alternate certificate from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/br230260.aspx#Choose.

Please feel free to let me know if I have any misunderstanding.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 27, 2014 1:46 AM