My package cannot reference an assembly RRS feed

• Question

• I have code that I know works when used outside of Visual Studio Environment, but I was trying to use the same code in a Visual Studio 2010 Package, I signed all the components so the projects would have a Strong Name that Visual Studio complained about, but when I first reference the assemblies in a "TestDatabaseConnectionButton_Click" event, Visual Studio throws up an error ("Could not load file or assembly 'ApplicationLogicComponent, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=299db6d07961989a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.".

I read a few posts about adding a reference to the package, but the instructions assumed I knew how to do something I didn't.

Does anyone have any idea of what I need to do.

I do not know if it is relevant but the exception had this data so I copied and pasted it.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: User = Data\Corby
    LOG: DisplayName = ApplicationLogicComponent, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=299db6d07961989a
     (Fully-specified)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
    Calling assembly : CommonMethodsViewerControl, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d5fcc8d2ee9ec271.
    ===
    LOG: This bind starts in LoadFrom load context.
    WRN: Native image will not be probed in LoadFrom context. Native image will only be probed in default load context, like with Assembly.Load().
    LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe.Config
    LOG: Using host configuration file:
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: ApplicationLogicComponent, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=299db6d07961989a
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Microsoft/TemplateProviders/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Microsoft/TemplateProviders/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/DataCollectors/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/DataCollectors/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/DataCollectors/x86/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/DataCollectors/x86/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Microsoft/Editor/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Microsoft/Editor/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Platform/Debugger/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Platform/Debugger/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PublicAssemblies/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Microsoft/TemplateProviders/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Microsoft/TemplateProviders/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/DataCollectors/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/DataCollectors/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/DataCollectors/x86/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/PrivateAssemblies/DataCollectors/x86/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Microsoft/Editor/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Microsoft/Editor/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Platform/Debugger/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0/Common7/IDE/CommonExtensions/Platform/Debugger/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Corby/AppData/Local/Microsoft/VisualStudio/10.0Exp/Extensions/Data Juggler/CommonMethods/1.0/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Corby/AppData/Local/Microsoft/VisualStudio/10.0Exp/Extensions/Data Juggler/CommonMethods/1.0/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Corby/AppData/Local/Microsoft/VisualStudio/10.0Exp/Extensions/Data Juggler/CommonMethods/1.0/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Users/Corby/AppData/Local/Microsoft/VisualStudio/10.0Exp/Extensions/Data Juggler/CommonMethods/1.0/ApplicationLogicComponent/ApplicationLogicComponent.EXE.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 6:33 AM

All replies