Gradient used in stroke displays incorrectly RRS feed

• Question

• I tried this in both Design 1 and Design 2; both yield the same results of the gradient portion breaking up badly. It varies with the zoom level. Additionally, strokes defined as a certain width do not retain that width in the Stroke display; it appears to always be bigger than defined. If, however, the stroke is edited in the stroke window it shows the originally defined width...Why?

Skydrive image
    It worked as expected in E3. Kinda hard 'not' to keep E3 handy to do stuff.

Skydrive image
    Added: The stroke displays the gradient correctly in the Stroke palette.

Fred
    • Edited by Fred C_ Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:09 PM corrected spelling
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:46 PM

All replies

• I'm getting different results. I defined a stroke like your but when I use it the first square, which should be the gradient, is grey and the second square is black. I'll work on this and then file a bug report.

Thanks, Fred!

Annie
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:29 PM
  • The stroke width shown in "save stroke" dialog is in unit "point" as device independent size.
    The default stroke width unit in stroke panel is px (pixels). In an 96 DPI document 60 point is same as 80 pixels.
    E3 displayes stroke width in points in palette. If you are used to that behavior, please change the stroke width unit in Preference Dialog -> Units and Guides -> stroke unites into point. You will see your 60.
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 8:15 PM
  • Thanks for mentioning that, Why, I had forgotten about that.
    Annie
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 8:36 PM
  • Why L said:

The stroke width shown in "save stroke" dialog is in unit "point" as device independent size.
    The default stroke width unit in stroke panel is px (pixels). In an 96 DPI document 60 point is same as 80 pixels.
    E3 displayes stroke width in points in palette. If you are used to that behavior, please change the stroke width unit in Preference Dialog -> Units and Guides -> stroke unites into point. You will see your 60.

Thanks. That works for me!
    Fred
    Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:51 PM