none
Custom Column for Project Code Number & Search Box to search Content in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I want to add a custom column in Project Center view for showing some Numerical Projects codes like 4523, 5248,8956 like that... Each code will represent Project assigned with that code in Project Server 2013. Also let me now if i can add some search box in Project Center page through which i can search Project Code or Project Name. Currently, provided search bar not working in Project Server 2013.

Need it urgent..Kindly help

Monday, October 13, 2014 10:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Automatic re-rooting of the approval is not yet available in project server. One of things you can do is to have some reports generated automatically from project server (using reporting services) and sent by email (or even displayed on the home page of project server) to the required users (manager, manager of manager etc.). 

Once the Reporting manager of manager receives the report can discuss or delegate as the manager and approve the tasks/timesheets

Paul

• Marked as answer by Vrij007 Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:00 AM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 6:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I assume that you already have the Project codes generated? If that's the case then all you have to do is to modify/create a new project center view (in PWA settings > Manage Views) and add the Project Code field.

For the search - project center has an option to apply filters (Projects > Filter) and this can be easily used to search through the views columns

Hope this helps

Paul

Monday, October 13, 2014 11:39 AM
  • Thanks Paul for your feedback.Let me see that view about Project Code. 

Project filter is doing good ( I haven't checked that earlier) but you have any idea why provided Search box is not functioning as provided by default .

Monday, October 13, 2014 12:04 PM
  • The search doesn't index the project server field(s) values so the search won't return any values when you look for a particular Project Code. An alternative would be to include the project code in the project name and when you create the project site, the project site title will include the project code and the site can then be retrieved by using the Search option.

Hope this helps

Paul

Monday, October 13, 2014 12:44 PM
  • Paul,

I am unable to find Project Code column in Manage views. do you know in which view or category i have to see?

Monday, October 13, 2014 12:48 PM
  • Hi,

If you want to add this column in a project center view, be careful to choose a project view in the "manage views" views' list. Also it must be a project custom field and not a task field. As Paul said, we assume that the field with the code exists and has been previousky created by you.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

Monday, October 13, 2014 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

Have you created the Project Code field? The field must be created for the Project entity and then you should be able to add it to the project center views (select one of the views and look through the available fields)

If you already have the field but it is not available, I would check the custom field type (e.g. multi lines fields cannot be added to the project center views)

Hope this helps

Paul

Monday, October 13, 2014 1:16 PM
  • Paul, not getting Project code column anywhere in Manage view or Project entity to show them in Project Center. However, is there any possibility to make list of two column separately as Directory of all project along with Project code. SO that if any user want to open or see his/her project then then can go into Directory & based on Project code then they can open their project in PWA?
    Monday, October 13, 2014 1:51 PM
  • If I understand you question correctly, you can create two separate fields: one to store the Directory and one for the Project Code. Once you have the two fields configured (PWA Settings > Enterprise Custom fields and Lookup tables), they can be configured on one of the PDP (Project Details Page) so the user(s) can enter/update the information. Also, having the fields created you will be able to add these fields to the project center views. In the project center views then you can display the project grouped by Directory (if you want the groups can be collapsed by default and the users can expand them as needed)

You may want to use Project Departments as Directory sounds like a Department

Hope this answers your questions

Paul

Monday, October 13, 2014 2:58 PM
  • No..actually may be i am unable to provide that scenario as what i needed. However, is there any option if any user(Resource) updated his/her task & sent to his/her Manager for approval and Manager is not approved then that notification should go to one step up (as Reporting Manager of that Manager who not approved task update & time sheet) in Project Server 2013?
    Monday, October 13, 2014 3:56 PM
  • Hi,

Automatic re-rooting of the approval is not yet available in project server. One of things you can do is to have some reports generated automatically from project server (using reporting services) and sent by email (or even displayed on the home page of project server) to the required users (manager, manager of manager etc.). 

Once the Reporting manager of manager receives the report can discuss or delegate as the manager and approve the tasks/timesheets

Paul

• Marked as answer by Vrij007 Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:00 AM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 6:43 PM