What is text editor's default font? RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me what the default font is in the Rich Text editor that is used in MOSS 2007?
    There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you're are trying to accomplish.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:45 PM not general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:34 PM

Answers

• I was able to override the manually added styles that were added during the creation of the list item (via the rich text editor)

I added the following line to my alternate css file.

.ms-vb2 div div font {

font-size: 12px !important;

font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif !important;

}

if you want to target specific web part you could pre-fix with some unique ID such as

#WebPartWPQ2 .ms-vb2 div div font {

}

-tom daly
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:21 PM

All replies

• I see Verdana for .ms-formbody which is a rich text field.

-tom daly
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:11 PM
  • Yep, I just figured that out too.  Unfortunately it is specified in points which isn't possible to do in the rich text editor.  We are having a dickens of a time getting different Announcement creators to end up with announcements that all look the same.  They cut and paste from various sources and can't seem to get rid of the formatting.  I thought perhaps I could at least instruct them to select the font family and font size from the text editor selection lists, but the text editor selection list only does font-size=  1 to 7.  I think the default Announcements were Verdana 11.2 or some such thing.  Ugh.
    There are no mistakes; every result tells you something of value about what you're are trying to accomplish.
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:23 PM
  • I was able to override the manually added styles that were added during the creation of the list item (via the rich text editor)

I added the following line to my alternate css file.

.ms-vb2 div div font {

}

if you want to target specific web part you could pre-fix with some unique ID such as

#WebPartWPQ2 .ms-vb2 div div font {

}

-tom daly
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 7:21 PM