Cannot Find System.Web.DynamicData.MetaModel (with screenshots) please help RRS feed

• Question

• User533041659 posted

I found that your the TOP ANSWERER in this forum so i directly ask you my questions regarding ASP.NET Dynamic Data...

I am a newbie here and starting to evaluate and test ASP.NET MVC.. I'd also watch all the videos of Dynamic Data and most of MVC videos by Rob Conrey (thanks to them) ...

I'd successfully install the .NET Framework Sp1 in my pc

But  i have this problem

1. I cannot find the reference System.Web.DynamicData.MetaModel in my Global.asax

2. But in my Object Browser, I can find the  System.Web.DynamicData.MetaModel

Below is the screen capture of it..

Dynamic Data Problem
    Dynamic Data ProblemDynamic Data Problems
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 6:28 AM

All replies

• User-330204900 posted

You will need to ad a reference to you web app by right clicking the root of the app and add reference. you can check if you have a reference by looking in the References folder and also by looking in the web.config's compilation->assemblies for the reference: 

<add assembly="System.Web.DynamicData, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

Hope this helps Big Smile

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:08 AM
  • User533041659 posted

Thanks dude for you quick reply.

But which assembly/dll files I am going to reference... In my screen shots "using System.Web.DynamicData" is there i think I already reference the necessary assemblies.

Anyway my MVC bin folder has, System.Web.Routing,System.Web.Mvc, System.Web.Abstractions, Microsoft.Web.Mvc dlls
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:19 AM
  • User533041659 posted

Don't bother sjnaughton, it works...  I just need to reference the the System.Web.DynamicData.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers. 5 bottles of beer for you...[cool]

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 7:27 AM