Change page size from A3 to A4 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1556678718 posted

Hello,

I have a report already developed in size A3. I need to change it to A4 size. I have already put all the tables to fit but I still get 4 pages for 1 page. Please help where do I setup the page size and how do I set it correctly?

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:48 AM

Answers

• User816363141 posted

Hi,

The only way to do this is to physically decrease the size of your report when building it as there is no auto size capability in report builder.

1. Right click and properties on the grey back ground. Then change the size and orientation as required.

2. Then click on the white body and ensure the properties bar is open. Expand the size properties option and set the size of your report to reflect the previous selection.

3. Also don't forget to set the margins as this will effect the amount of printable space on your report.

4. Lastly ensure you alter the size of you fonts and report parts to fit on the size required.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:58 AM

All replies

• User816363141 posted

Hi,

The only way to do this is to physically decrease the size of your report when building it as there is no auto size capability in report builder.

1. Right click and properties on the grey back ground. Then change the size and orientation as required.

2. Then click on the white body and ensure the properties bar is open. Expand the size properties option and set the size of your report to reflect the previous selection.

3. Also don't forget to set the margins as this will effect the amount of printable space on your report.

4. Lastly ensure you alter the size of you fonts and report parts to fit on the size required.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:58 AM
  • User-1556678718 posted

Hello,

Sorry no success. I'm still getting 4 pages for 1 page. Please help

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 1:51 AM
  • User816363141 posted

If you edit the report in Report Builder 3.0 and set the default page size and then save it back to the report server, the settting will be saved for you.

If you are using BIDS to upload the project, then the settting is only created the first time you upload.  After that, the 'easy' way to do it is to delete the report and re-publish.  The harder way is to write a script which sets the height and width properties in the Properties collection stored on the report server.

Regards.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:09 AM