When InkManager Save ink in an PNG image file, how to save it in the PNG image file (Dimensions is 768*1024)

Question

• Hi,

I draw ink in the canvas and the canvas's Dimensions is 768*1024, when  I use SaveAsync method of InkManager to save the ink in an PNG image file, how to save it in the PNG image(Dimensions is 768*1024)

I find win 8 could not support save canvas directly to the PNG Image file, right?

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:38 AM

Answers

• Hi yangyongacq,

Yes, Correct, windows store app for XAML does not support save Canvas directly into a PNG image, but in Windows 8.1 we can use RenderTargetBitmap class (not available with Win8.0) for helping render a new image instead. Or use some third party code will also help as I know WritableBitmapEx can do.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 1, 2014 7:23 AM

All replies

• Hi

Refer this link saving canvas as image

If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpfull

Er.Rasik Ambaliya

• Proposed as answer by RasikAmbaliya Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:02 AM
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:01 AM
  • This link is used to save the canvas as an image using html5. Whether has equivalent for XAML?
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 2:20 AM
  • Hi yangyongacq,

Yes, Correct, windows store app for XAML does not support save Canvas directly into a PNG image, but in Windows 8.1 we can use RenderTargetBitmap class (not available with Win8.0) for helping render a new image instead. Or use some third party code will also help as I know WritableBitmapEx can do.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 1, 2014 7:23 AM