none
Failed to deploy Mail App with 'file' scheme to Exchange server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I'm developing Mail App for MS Outlook 2013. The content of the app is a web site which consists of html page and javascript files. As far as I know the content can be displayed from the source specified in the DefaultValue attribute of the SourceLocation element. I'm about to store the web site in the network share so I specified the DefaultValue as 'file://.../index.html'. When I deploy such manifest file to the Exchange server I'm getting the following deployment error:

Failed to deploy the manifest file to the Exchange server. This app can't be installed. SourceLocation value 'file://...' has an unsupported URL scheme, only 'https' is supported.

Could you please advise how can I avoid this deployment error providing the 'file' scheme in the  SourceLocation element of the manifest file .

Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Oleg,

This is the expected error you will see. Secure connection is required for apps deployed on Exchange. You could use visual studio to develop mail app. It can deploy local file to exchange server for debuging purpose.

Friday, June 21, 2013 4:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Oleg,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Based on your description, I think your issue is not Apps for Office related but Web development specific.

As far as I know, URL begin with file:// is used to location a file in intra-net. You'll need figure out how to make file public and make it accessible with https protocol.

I suggest you post your question on a Exchange Server related forum or a Web development forum.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 12:30 PM
  • Hi Oleg,

This is the expected error you will see. Secure connection is required for apps deployed on Exchange. You could use visual studio to develop mail app. It can deploy local file to exchange server for debuging purpose.

Friday, June 21, 2013 4:14 AM