none
Requirements for certifying Hosted Solutions - SaaS RRS feed

• Question

• We would like to become Certified Microsoft partner by Certifying one product. It is Hosted CMS application so we have chosen the Microsoft Platform Test for Hosted Solutions at VeriTest but after lot of reading I still have some questions:

1.      Does the application need to have installer even if it is Hosted? End users will never install this application because it is SaaS solution www.sienn.com ?

2.      Does application has to satisfy all requirements from Works with Windows Server 2008 R2 Test Framework or some are not eligible for Hosted products?

3.      Can I become partner if on this test I get only 20 points? How will I get additional points so I can have 50 that are required for “Certified Partner” title?

4.      As I understand I should also provide test scripts for Functionality of the products and in the XPS document above it is stated Application demonstrated complete Primary Functionality and passed verification. Is there any more information about this? We have to cover all functionality? How is the “Primary Functionality” defined? Is there any minimum in steps or test cases?

5.      Can we use SQL Server 2008 Express during the testing? If the full SQL Server has to be used can we reuse license that will be used only for the certifying purposes?

6.      If I am interested only in becoming partner do I need to create WINQUAL account and register at VeriSign or this is mandatory?

Thanks !

Robert Vukovic

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:02 PM

All replies

•  
    Dear reader,
    SIENN is now a Silver Independent Software Vendor. All above questions were answered sufficiently to get our product CERTIFIED.
    Off we are very proud, to reach this level. If you want information about our product just go to www.sienn.com or send an enquiry to info@sienn.com

We're looking forward doing business with you !
    Enrollment Status

Silver Independent Software Vendor (ISV)

ActiveSilver Active - Earned

• Silver
    • Gold

Gold Independent Software Vendor (ISV)

In Progress

• Silver
    • Gold

Monday, January 10, 2011 8:46 PM