none
WCF LOB Adapter not installing Tools component RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install the WCF LOB Adapter as part of a BizTalk 2010 installation and the installation is failing with..."Tools component is required to develop applications using Visual Studio.".  There is a similar question asked but the only reply said to uninstall the other Adapter Packs then reinstall.  There were no other replies.  I've tried that several and I still get the same error when installing the WCF LOB Adapter.  Step 2 and step 3 Adapter Pack installations worked just fine.  I'm at a complete loss.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:44 PM

All replies

• This is a Custom Setup with the Tools component un-selected?
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:14 PM
  • Thanks boatseller but I figured out a way around the problem right before I left work yesterday.  I was configuring biztalk to work with an existing SQL instance.  I decided to create a separate SQL instance just for biztalk and went through the adapter installation, same as before and everything worked!  I am now set up and ready to go.

Thanks again,

Dave

Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:47 PM
  • hi,

could you please explain more? how to make WCF LOB Adapter SDK work?

i'm having the same error.

thanks &regards,

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 3:04 AM
  • Hello Dave

I have the exact same error, havnt been able to resolve it. I am a fresher to biztalk. Idea behind my work is to integrate SAP and share point.

Please could you help?

Atush

Monday, November 17, 2014 10:25 AM
  • Hello Dave

I have the exact same error, havnt been able to resolve it. I am a fresher to biztalk. Idea behind my work is to integrate SAP and share point.

Please could you help?

Atush

Can you please uninstall all the component mentioned above.

After that install the component as per the Sequence in installtion form (LOB, BAP, BAP(X64))

Monday, November 17, 2014 2:09 PM