Migrating from Sql Server 2005 to 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I will migrate bunch of servers/databases from Sql Server 2005 to 2012 , Also  I have to move to TFS from VSS

Which one  is the best plan at below?

1- Move from VSS to TFS first and use TFS with Sql Server 2005 then Migrate to Sql Server 2012

2- Migrate Sql Server 2005 to 2012 and use VSS for a while then migrate to TFS

3- Move to TFS after every migration of Sql Server 2012 - piece by piece

Thanks

Gok

Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Gok,

For migration from Visual SourceSafe, you can use Viusal Source Safe upgrade tool to do the migration. Please refer to this page for upgrading from Visual Source Safe. You can also see TFS upgrade guide for more information.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 18, 2014 7:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Gok,

For migration from Visual SourceSafe, you can use Viusal Source Safe upgrade tool to do the migration. Please refer to this page for upgrading from Visual Source Safe. You can also see TFS upgrade guide for more information.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Friday, July 18, 2014 7:55 AM
  • Thanks But I know that tool But I am looking an advise how to approach migration & TFS move.

Friday, July 18, 2014 12:57 PM
  • Hi Gok,

From the link of "upgrade from VSS", your first plan approach the migrate path. Please have a try following the link I posted above.

Best regards,

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:13 AM