none
Kinect for Windows V2: KinectCommonBridge and Kinect.Face.dll RRS feed

• Question

• How can I extend KinectCommonBridge to allow me to use the Kinect.Face library in my cinder and openFrameworks code? Is there a standard way to write wrapper functions that externalize the capabilities in the Face dll?

Sincerely,

Andy

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:00 PM

All replies

• The MSOpenTech teams are working on getting that plumbed into KCB. The Cinder and OF plug-ins would have to be updated to take advantage of the Pay-For-Play API's and given the state there hasn't been many samples for them to get that put in.

KCB does expose the native Kinect objects, so it wouldn't be hard to use the native API's in parallel with the plug-in. It is a matter of effort and whether it matches the architecture you are familiar with.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:41 PM
  • Thanks, Carmine. And thanks OpenTech team.

I have couple quick questions for clarification's sake:

1. what do you mean by Pay-For-Play in this context?

2. can you or anyone point me at a starting point for learning more about using the Native API in parallel with cinder?? I'm comfortable with C++ but not very experienced with Microsoft idioms.

Sincerely,

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:59 PM
  • 1. what do you mean by Pay-For-Play in this context?
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:34 AM
  • We refer to tech built on top of the core SDK as pay-for-play api's. So anything your find and additions .dll(face, hd face, interactions, speech, vgb, and fusion) you have to pay an addition "compute cost" to run the tech. On slower machines, this may add additional latency and in the case of Fusion, require a GPU.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:42 PM