Error while trying to access folder via Windows Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm having a bit of an issue with some users that have access to a folder in a Shared Document Library, they are able to access it via the web browser, by normally navigating to the page, but when they try to use Windows Explorer to navigate to the same folder they have access to they get a permissions error.

I have checked that they do have permission to view the folder and some I have given them Full Access to it and they are using the \\portal.comapny.co.za\sites\page\ in Windows Explorer to access the files. But they keep getting the error that they dont have permission to access the folder ?

Any ideas as to what is going worng here?

Much appriciated.

Migs723

Monday, February 20, 2012 8:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Migs,

What's the permissions error you got ?

Could that some users open the page folder library via Library Actions-> Open with Windows Explorer ?  Could that some users access the page folder via Windows Explorer left side "My Network Places" on their computers ?  

You can re-create the network places on these users' computers for this page libraray per this article and check the result again.

And are these users and other normal users in the same network ? You can check whether it is related with multiple networks issue per this article.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:28 AM
  • Hi,

From your description it seems that they you are using the folder by mapping it as a shared drive.

can you try doing the same using explorer view. This works in the similar way.

I think the network related issues might be causing the issue you are facing.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Sunday, February 26, 2012 8:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Migs,

What's the permissions error you got ?

Could that some users open the page folder library via Library Actions-> Open with Windows Explorer ?  Could that some users access the page folder via Windows Explorer left side "My Network Places" on their computers ?  

You can re-create the network places on these users' computers for this page libraray per this article and check the result again.

And are these users and other normal users in the same network ? You can check whether it is related with multiple networks issue per this article.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:28 AM
  • Hi,

From your description it seems that they you are using the folder by mapping it as a shared drive.

can you try doing the same using explorer view. This works in the similar way.

I think the network related issues might be causing the issue you are facing.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Sunday, February 26, 2012 8:54 AM