none
Web Service is hung? RRS feed

• Question

• There are 3 component Client (Silverlight Application), Web Service and Windows Service (WCF).

Client invoke methods from Web Service , Web Service invoke methods from Windows Service, and return to Client .

When debug Client code, may be single step to see the code execution. And after debug in a while, then close the Client by click "Stop Debugging" button.

And do such actions (start debugging and track code execution a while and stop debugging)many times.

After about 4 times start and stop debugging , the Client will not starting again, and seems like the Web Service is hung, but after a few minutes the Web Services will resume to normal automatically, and Client can debug again.

I want to know why this happened?

Thanks

Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>And do such actions (start debugging and track code execution a while and stop debugging)many times.

It need some time to start and stop a service, you may try do those behaviors with a bigger time interval.

>>There are 3 component Client (Silverlight Application), Web Service and Windows Service (WCF).

If this is not the issue, can you explain this more clearly? What do you mean Web service here, a xaml web service? Do you mean host the WCF service in a Windows Service?

Best Regards.

Haixia
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Haixia_XieModerator Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:18 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Razer518 Monday, February 4, 2013 2:45 AM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 2:54 AM
  • Hi Haixia,

>>It need some time to start and stop a service, you may try do those behaviors with a bigger time interval.

How long time is bigger time, I debug a minutes and stop. Is that ok?

>>If this is not the issue, can you explain this more clearly? What do you mean Web service here, a xaml web service? Do you mean host the WCF service in a Windows Service?

A Common Web service,  in xxx.asmx.cs which invoke methods of Windows Service.

Example:

public class VPAWebService: System.Web.Services.WebService

{

[WebMethod]

public blabla()

{...} //here to call windows service method.

}

Yes, host the WCF service in a Windows Service.

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Friday, January 25, 2013 8:32 AM
  • Hi,

>>How long time is bigger time, I debug a minutes and stop. Is that ok?

You can have a try.

If the issue still exits, please give information if there any error occurs.

Best Regards.

Haixia
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, January 25, 2013 9:55 AM
  • There is no error, just not response.

after I research I found if I set the "receiveTimeout" value to a small value from default 10 minutes in Service Binding elements of Config file. Seems this issue can be avoid.

Do you know why it is? Any ideas?

Additional question : is there any better description about the configuration file of WCF Service, some link?

Thanks

• Edited by Razer518 Monday, February 4, 2013 2:48 AM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 2:43 AM