none
Logo works for XP, Win7 and Win8? RRS feed

• Question

• My boss assumes that when we logo the driver with Windows XP it will work for Windows 7 and 8.

Is it true? We are using WLK 1.6 .. please advice. Thank you.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 8:01 PM

All replies

• We need to do the test over the platforms . you can only say your driver work for winxp if you only do whql test w/ winxp .

Best Regards, Mike

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:08 AM
  • So does it mean when I logo for WinXP and install the driver on Win7, it will pop up the pop and said it is not Logo for Win7? Does it have that yellow question in the Device Manager after it is install on Win7? 

Thank you for your feedback.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:20 PM
  • In other word, I have to re-run the test using Windows 7 as the client? Can someone confirm? Because my manager keeps thinking that if the driver passed for Winows XP we can pay another fee to have it logo for Windows 7 without re-running the test using Windows 7 as the client.

Thank you.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:27 PM
  • You have to execute HCK test and submit to MS, if you want to gets WHQL signature file for support WinXP, Win7, Win8.

Thanks, Steve

Thursday, January 10, 2013 4:02 AM
  • Hi, HoanMT ,

From my test ,there is no definitive answer.

in our current drivers , if we certify a driver for win7 ,install it on win8 will show the driver is digital signed ,but it will not pass MSFT "Signed driver check" job .the error log is about "the driver is digital signed ,but not for these kinds of platform"

While some other drivers will prompt that "your driver is not digital designed" directly.

Best Regards, Mike

Monday, January 14, 2013 2:43 AM
  • Yes ,you need .Pls check the Microsoft WHQL policy carefully.

Best Regards, Mike

Monday, January 14, 2013 2:44 AM
  • Yes, it is correct that a driver certified for XP only will also install silently (no popup or warnings) on Windows 7 and 8.

Monday, January 14, 2013 7:08 AM