none
Using kinect sdk beta 1.0 with kinect for windows RRS feed

• Question

• I had created a program in C# a while back using Kinect SDK Beta( the first version, not the 2nd).

I now own a Kinect for Windows. My doubt , and a serious one, is that, can I still use Kinect SDK Beta 

for making programs for Kinect for Windows ? because I'm in a kind of hurry and i cant afford to change the

entire code again. Please help me out. Or suggest some alternative( easy alternative i mean)

cheers

Prateek

Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• You should be using the released version 1.0 of the SDK
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:45 AM
  • i know i should be, but please help me out here.
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 12:15 PM
  • Kinect for Windows, PC sensor works with new 1.0 SDK. If you would like to stay with beta sdk, use the old Kinect for Xbox sensor.
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 12:43 PM
  • i dont have the old sensor anymore that's why my doubt.

i just want to know will the beta sdk work with kinect for windows sensor or not ?

Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:02 PM
  • It was already mentioned in the earlier post, that it doesn't.

Thanks,

Bharat.

Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:08 PM
  • which earlier post ???
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:35 PM
  • Both sensors are supported for development purposes with the 1.0 SDK. You should be using that.
    Sunday, April 15, 2012 6:27 PM
  • okay people thanks for the help but you guys didn't seem to understand my doubt.

Basically i wanted to use kinect sdk beta 1 for my windows for kinect device. I was doubtful if it would work. 

Well i tried and Woah, gues what it works and it works goddamn Perfect !

Conclusion: Kinect for windows does have backward compatibility with previous SDK's, even Kinect SDK Beta 1 that was released in June,2011

P.S. : Im really happy now, getting on with my project now ! :D

Sunday, April 15, 2012 7:19 PM
  • No it should unless you have the v1 sdk installed with it and you didnt do that did you? That might cause problems later?

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda. Blog - http://jefferycarlsonblog.blogspot.com/

Monday, April 16, 2012 10:34 PM