none
WebService API for Scheduling Assistant RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Can anybody help me how to implement the Scheduling Assistant feature in Mobile?

Is there any official API present in MSDN?

I am searching it for a long time, but unfortunately didn't got any resource from MSDN. Please help me in finding some resources where I can get some information like:

1.    What should be the request and response structure?

2.    How to get Free/Busy status of attendees?

3.    The protocol for Scheduling Assistant.

3.    etc.

Thanks,

Chandra Sekhar

Thursday, April 10, 2014 7:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Chandra Sekhar Nayak, thank you for your question. A member of the protocol documentation team will respond to you soon.

Josh Curry (jcurry) | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:07 PM

• Hi Chandra, the scheduling assistant is a feature of Outlook. There is not a "Scheduling Assistant" specific API or protocol. You would need to build something similar from scratch using the ActiveSync protocols. A description of the collection of ActiveSync protocol documents can be found in MS-OXPROTO section 2.2.4.

At a minimum, you will need to be familiar with the MS-ASCMD document which contains a description of the request and response structures, and well as the MS-ASCAL document which contains descriptions of the calendar objects such as the BusyStatus element.

If you don't want to have to implement the protocols yourself you could make use of something like the EWS API which can be downloaded from here. Documentation for the EWS API is located on MSDN and support is provided through the Exchange Server Development forum.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Friday, April 11, 2014 4:38 PM
  • Hello JCurry, thanks for your reply. I got the MS-ASCMD ResolveRecipients for my requirement. I hope it's the same to handle Scheduling Assistant requirement.

Am I going in right direction? Clear me if I am worng.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:26 AM
  • Hi Chandra, as I mentioned previously, the scheduling assistant is a feature of Outlook. There are no protocol 'requirements' that you need to follow to implement something similar. You are free to develop it how you like.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 7:36 PM