I can't compile with microsoft.expression.drawing RRS feed

• Question

• hi... I need help!!

I created a control which uses the namespace "shapes" of that microsoft.expression.drawing
    On a computer, the compilation is successful but in other the project is not created.

To analyze, I understood it create dynamic classes that make references to the namespace Microsoft.Expression.Shapes but in a computer is added dynamically the whole reference namespace  like this (Microsoft.Expression.Shapes.BlockArrow Arrow), in another  adds only the name of the class like this (BlockArrow Arrow) that causing the conflict becaue the error says: are you missing the reference for BlockArrow 

Do I need to have something installed? Why on a computer it creates this complete reference and not in another?

I clarify that I don't have on a computer Expression Blend but in the project i have added all references and assemblies than I use 

Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• You'll need the Blend SDK in order to reference that namespace. The Blend SDK for .NET 4 can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10801

• Marked as answer by vico8 Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:17 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 6:53 PM
  • Thanks a lot... it works!!!
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:21 PM
  • Hi!!!

I have de same error that Vico8, I installed the Blend SDK for .NET 4, but i didn´t have sucesfull. Can you give me another solution, please!!!!

In my computer send me the error "are you missing the reference for BlockArrow "

Thanks!!!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:50 PM
  • hi Giguelon..

did you install the Blend SDK

if u installed SDK

go to your program files.. and take 

"Microsoft.Expression.Drawing.dll" and

"Microsoft.Expression.Interactions.dll"

add to your project,,

Than build your application

--

Sharathkumar11