2 Alerts sending every 5 minutes RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very strange issue I can't track down. I have 2 users that are getting alerts sent to them every 5 minutes. The alerts were set up for weekly, but today they starting getting the same alert every 5 minutes even though the files had not changed. I have gone in and deleted the alerts and they are still sending. I have changed the Immediate Alert job to run every 10 minutes instead of 5 minutes and still they came every 5 minutes. 

No one else is reporting any issues, just these 2 users with alerts on the same library. There are other users with alerts set up in the library who are not having issues. I went in and set up alerts for myself in the library and they send me alerts when something changes, but that is all. We have rebooted the front end that handles email thinking maybe something was stuck in the mail queue, but that didn't have any effect. We have also verified in Exchange that they are different emails each time, not the same message resending because it is stuck. Does anyone have any idea where I could even start looking to resolve this issue before the user's mailbox are completely overflowing with alerts? Thanks.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:39 PM

All replies