none
Hybrid stacked column and line chart RRS feed

• Question

• In this article http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964128.aspx it talks about creating a hybrid column and line chart, which is exactly what I need, except I need a stacked coumn and line chart.  The problem I am running into is that when I do the hybrid chart, it creates seperate lines for each of my stacked column series, and also adds them to the legend of the chart.  I just want a stacked column with a single line showing a total from a prior month.

I have two questions:

1. Can I create a stacked column / line chart where only a single line is shown rather than having multiple lines?

2. Can I programatically restrict what is shown on the chart legend?

Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, January 8, 2008 5:38 PM

Answers

• I have been able to create a stacked column with a line, but it messes up the legend pretty badly, so I dropped the idea.  I resorted to showing my data in two graphs, a standard column chart with lines and a stacked column.
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 3:24 PM

All replies

• I'm trying to do the exact same thing - stacked column with line.  did you figure out how to do this?  thanks.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 3:14 PM
  • I have been able to create a stacked column with a line, but it messes up the legend pretty badly, so I dropped the idea.  I resorted to showing my data in two graphs, a standard column chart with lines and a stacked column.
    Thursday, February 28, 2008 3:24 PM
  •  

Hi... I really need help T.T

I have a problem with stacked bar: my sql query doesnt show me anything. I executed it in my database and it return me values but when i execute this sql query through visual studio reports, only show a line. Why is that? can show the results of your query and its result?

Thanks so much

Just in case, this is my sql query

ALTER FUNCTION [dbo].[datosGrafico](@mes int)
    RETURNS int
    AS
    BEGIN
     -- Declaración de la variable a retornar
     DECLARE @cantidad int;

-- Contar los registros que se tienen del RP
     SET @cantidad = (SELECT sum(D.cant_total)
         FROM RPpro.dbo.Detalle_ret_RP D, RPpro.dbo.Retiro_RP R
         WHERE
          D.id_categoria = 1 AND
          D.id_ret_RP = R.id_ret_RP AND
          D.medida = 'Kg' AND
          YEAR(R.fecha_solicitud) = YEAR(Getdate()) AND
          MONTH(R.fecha_solicitud) = @mes
         GROUP BY D.id_categoria);

-- Retornar el resultado de la función
     IF (@cantidad IS NULL) SET @cantidad = 0;

RETURN @cantidad;
    END

Post Options
    This option will split a single thread into a new thread at the specified post. Please include a subject for the new thread, a reason for the split and choose the forum where the new thread should be created. Note: any posts split will lose Proposed Answer or Answered state.
    This option will merge the currently selected thread into a target thread. Note: Answers and Proposed Answers will be removed after moving and this action cannot be undone. Please enter the thread ID to merge to. The thread ID is the portion of the URL after /thread/ which looks something like this: 8138b571-18b6-475a-85d0-63423e506875.
    This option allows the user to change the thread type. Note: changing the thread type will remove any Answers or Proposed Answers from question threads.
    Use the icon to add code.
    Has Code

Subscribe to Alerts for this thread.
    Alert Me

• Subject must be 1 to 255 characters long.
    • A reason is required between 4 and 255 characters.
    • Body must be 4 to 60000 characters long.
    • Please select a forum for your thread.
    • The tag contains illegal characters.
    • Sticky Date must be greater than current date.
    • Sticky Date format is invalid.
    • Invalid Thread ID
    • Required Field: Display Name must be between 2 and 32 characters
    • Invalid User: The user entered cannot be found or is not a Microsoft Employee
    Related Messages
    Friday, February 27, 2009 12:45 PM