none
How do I download .NET? RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone provide me with a working download link to .NET 4.5.1 or later? I can't get links from MSDN to download. I either get page not found or gateway errors.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42643

That purports to be the web installer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=42642

According to Google.co.uk that's the url for the 4.5.2 offline installer.

But they both just give me gateway errors:

"

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.65851402.1459287774.1c6f8acd"

• Edited by AndrueC Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:44 PM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2016 9:43 PM

Answers

• Dear AndureC,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I tried to download the .NET Framework 4.5.2 web installer and offline installer from the download link that you mentioned and the download completed successfully, please see the following screenshot.

According to your description, it looks like the download server is down, please waiting for downloading it until the server run normally, we are so sorry for this inconvenient.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by AndrueC Wednesday, March 30, 2016 2:39 PM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 4:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How about this?
    Installing the .NET Framework
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/5a4x27ek%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

This page shows download pages for .NET Framework 4.5 ~ 4.6.1, web-installer and offline-installer.

Regards.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 3:36 AM
  • Dear AndureC,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I tried to download the .NET Framework 4.5.2 web installer and offline installer from the download link that you mentioned and the download completed successfully, please see the following screenshot.

According to your description, it looks like the download server is down, please waiting for downloading it until the server run normally, we are so sorry for this inconvenient.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Marked as answer by AndrueC Wednesday, March 30, 2016 2:39 PM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 4:41 AM
  • It seems to be working again this morning from work. Guess someone gave it a kick overnight.
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 8:35 AM
  • Yeah the pages worked, it was the download buttons that didn't. They do now :-/
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 8:36 AM
  • Dear AndrueC,

Thank you for your update.

I'm so glad to hear that the server looks like running normally, you can download the .NET Framework 4.5.2 now. If you have any other issues, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Sara

Thursday, March 31, 2016 1:10 AM