none
How can I make a voice chat/text chat app in c# windows app form(.net framework)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, how can I make a voice chat app that will:

(1) Login to a Microsoft/xbox account and receive xbox username.

(2) Create custom IP Server

(3) Connect to another IP Server

(4) Send Voice/text via those servers.

(5) And make a notification that says  (Xbox Username) has joined your chat server?

I know this is hard work, but I'll put anybody's username who gave me great help into the about/info/creators section.

Friday, February 7, 2020 11:08 PM

Answers

• Hi ImpoliteSand868,

Thank you for posting here.

If you want to log in to your app with a Microsoft account, you can follow the instructions below.

Add sign in with Microsoft

But I'm not sure if the Xbox offers this service, and I didn't find relevant information.

As for the chat app, you should be able to find many examples on google and bing for reference.

Here is an example.

A Voice Chat Application in C#

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 10, 2020 3:55 AM

All replies

• Hi ImpoliteSand868,

Thank you for posting here.

If you want to log in to your app with a Microsoft account, you can follow the instructions below.

Add sign in with Microsoft

But I'm not sure if the Xbox offers this service, and I didn't find relevant information.

As for the chat app, you should be able to find many examples on google and bing for reference.

Here is an example.

A Voice Chat Application in C#

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 10, 2020 3:55 AM
  • Thanks, I'll mark this as an answer. 
    Monday, February 10, 2020 4:08 AM
  • Thanks again, I downloaded the source and am taking a look at it.
    Monday, February 10, 2020 4:14 AM
  • I took a look and there were a lot of errors, also, how can I convert this to vb.net? I usually use vb.net.
    Monday, February 10, 2020 4:15 AM
  • Hi,

Here are two examples written using vb.net, I hope it's helpful to you.

Transfering Audio Streaming Files With Sockets

Chatting Application Using DotNet

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Timon

MSDN Community Support

Monday, February 10, 2020 5:37 AM
  • Thanks you!!!!!.

And also I have a question, I posted on the feedback site or something for visual studio, it was an idea that visual studio could be ported to Android and downloaded through Google play, cause Cortana and big, and word and many others are, but not visual studio. I think I would be amazing. You should see the post, one Microsoft guy replied and labeled it as "need more info" so I just edited it and put something about it being downloaded through Google play. I think it would make It easy to develop Android apps and test them to deploy, and I could have Windows ten emulators for something like that. 

Friday, February 21, 2020 7:51 AM