none
Legacy APIs RRS feed

• Question

• See Legacy APIs. I do not know what is meant by "legacy" in that context. Is there a newer API that is supposed to be used instead? I am especially interested in MSHTML Editing as described in Introduction to MSHTML Editing. It says "These techniques are available in C++ only". I assume they can be used in C# using interop but I can do a managed C++ wrapper for them if necessary. So I want to know if there is already a managed equivalent?

This is for a C# desktop application.

I am not asking about a wrapper around the legacy APIs; I am asking if Microsoft has provided a non-legacy library to do HTML editing. In other words, the name "legacy" implies something to not use for new development. So if legacy is not intended to imply that the Legacy APIs are not to be used for new development (the Legacy APIs are to be used for new development) then that is all I am asking. If the Legacy APIs are not to be used for new development then what is supposed to be used instead?

Update: Why was this changed to "General Discussion"? This is a question. If I need to clarify it then say so. As far as I know, the only reason to change the thread type is because the moderator does not know the answer.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, April 20, 2012 6:52 AM