Excel add-in password text box RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want make authentication in Excel Add-in Ribbon and sign in form is build in Ribbon (no modal window) but I need hide password characted in password text box. Ribbon don't allow add to group text box so I use edit box for enter login and password.

Do you know how can I set up "set_PasswordChar" for text box in ribbon?

Saturday, May 14, 2011 9:36 PM

Answers

• If you're willing to just program it yourself, you can just keep a static string that holds the real password and have an eventhandler replace the characters in the textbox with * and adds or removes characters from the hidden string as necessary.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 10:29 PM

All replies

• hi,

i dont think this is possible
    the editbox have only 2 events
    Sub GetText(control As IRibbonControl, ByRef text)
    sub OnChange(control as IRibbonControl, text as String)
    the first allows us to load a default value in the zone and the second to retrieve the selected value

--
    isabelle

Monday, May 16, 2011 12:24 AM
  • Can I use diferent control for password in ribbon? I have read that new Ribbon in Win 7 allow create passwort text input field. I have Win7 but I develop Ribbon for MS Excel 2007. Is it possible create new user control for password?
    Monday, May 16, 2011 6:49 AM
  • > I have read that new Ribbon in Win 7 allow create passwort text input field.

I haven't heard of such things. I'd suggest using a custom task pane for entering login/password.

Regards from Belarus (GMT + 2),

Andrei Smolin
    Add-in Express Team Leader
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:58 AM
  • If you're willing to just program it yourself, you can just keep a static string that holds the real password and have an eventhandler replace the characters in the textbox with * and adds or removes characters from the hidden string as necessary.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 10:29 PM