none
How to generate Click Once Deployment file .exe without depending on .application file? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created Click Once Deployment file. It works great.

However, .exe file was created along with .application file and Application Files - Folder which has necessary files.

.exe file works only if it is available along with .application file in the folder. If i share the .exe file without .application file to another user, it throws an error as follows ..

How to make the .exe file independent without depending on .application file?

+ Downloading file:///C:/Users/MyAccName/Downloads/MyProject.application did not succeed.
            + Could not find file 'C:\Users\MyAccName\Downloads\MyProject.application'
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 1:05 AM

All replies

• Hi goofyui,

Sorry, I am afraid this need is not achievable. When you publish a app via Clickonce, "Setup.exe" will try to read related files from ".application".

If you want to just "publish a app just with an exe", you can try "Settings".

Here is the steps you can follow.

1.Click "Project" and choose "Setting Properties…", then choose "Settings".

2.Add new setting in "Settings"

Then access the data like this,

checkBox1.Checked = Properties.Settings.Default.cb;
        textBox1.Text = Properties.Settings.Default.str;

Finally, you only need to copy the "exe" file from the bin folder.

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 1:53 AM