none
Outlook 2013 HTML Signature line height not displaying correctly RRS feed

• Question

• We have been running automated scripts to deploy signatures to our employees for a couple of years now. These run upon a user logging in and update the users signature based upon their Active Directory data. We are now starting to deploy more Office 2013 clients and have noticed that the red line in our signatures is now a red bar instead when coming from Outlook 2013 clients.  If you actually view the signature in Outlook 13 it is a mess (see the "Nan/cy/For" image) but otherwise it looks fine in the email except for a bar appearing instead of a thin line. 

I have copied a signature from an old email prior to upgrading to Outlook 2013 and added the current signature and just clipped an image of the different line heights to show you what I mean by bar vs line.

This is the section of the login script that creates the HTML file for the signature.  I create a style for the line and set the font to 2pt and tell the line height to be 3.  (Bolded line below is the red line.)  Doing it this way, I didn't have to use any images to achieve the look we wanted.  I also create an RTF and TXT signature files but those are only used when replying to clients that send in those formats.  This worked fine in earlier versions of Outlook.   Let me know if you have any ideas.

objFile.Write "<html> <head> <title> <" & Chr(47) & "title>" & vbCrLf
    objFile.write "<style type='text/css'>"
    objFile.write ".tl {font-family: 'Arial', 'Verdana', sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: Black;} "
    objFile.write ".tm {font-family: 'Arial', 'Verdana', sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: Black;} "
    objFile.write ".ts {font-family: 'Arial', 'Verdana', sans-serif; font-size: 2pt; color: Black;} "
    objFile.write "<" & Chr(47) & "style>" & vbCrLf 
    objFile.write "<" & Chr(47) & "head> <body leftmargin='0' marginwidth='0' topmargin='0' marginheight='0' offset='0'>" & vbCrLf 
    objFile.Write "<table border='0' width='100%' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'><tbody>" & vbCrLf
    objFile.Write "<tr><td class='tl'><b>" & strFullName & "<" & Chr(47) & "b>" & " | " & strTitle  & "<" & Chr(47) & "td><" & Chr(47) & "tr>" & vbCrLf
    objFile.Write "<tr bgcolor='#C00000'><td height='3' class='ts'><" & Chr(47) & "td><" & Chr(47) & "tr>" & vbCrLf
    objFile.Write "<tr><td class='tm'>" & strCompany & " | " & strWeb & " | " & strTel &  "<"  & Chr(47) & "td><" & Chr(47) & "tr>" & vbCrlf
    objFile.Write "<" & Chr(47) & "tbody><" & Chr(47) & "table><" & Chr(47) & "body><" & Chr(47) & "html>" & vbCrLf 
        objFile.close

Nancy Forbes

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:15 PM

Answers