none
VS2015 and Android SDK

Question

• Hello!

I'm using Android Studio to develop Android apps and as Visual Studio 2015 now integrates Xamarin, I decided to take a look. But when I select "C#/.NET (Xamarin)" in VS setup, it brings me "Android NDK, Android SDK and Android API 19, 21" that I already have installed (from Android Studio).

I managed to point "Android SDK" folder before setup (now it shows "no action will be taken") and I also knows that "Andoid NDK" can be pointed later. But "API 19 and 21" are still required, even with them installed in my PC (Windows 10 Pro x86).

So I'd like to know if there's a way to configure VS, using only one Andoid "profile".

Thanks a lot!

Tuesday, March 01, 2016 11:52 AM

Answers

• Hi MuttBr,

Thanks for your post.

>>So I'd like to know if there's a way to configure VS, using only one Andoid "profile".

As far as I know, there is no way to configure it in VS.

But since you have installed the "Android NDK, Android SDK and Android API 19, 21" from Android Studio.

I think there is no need to install the C#/.NET (Xamarin).  You can modify your VS and uninstall the Xamarin components.

Control panel->Uninstall a program->Right click your Visual Studio 2015->Change->Modify, disable the option of  C#/.NET (Xamarin). Then click update.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 2:59 AM