Can't get Contact Selector to promote RRS feed

• Question

• I created a form in IP 2010, to be published as a 2007 form to a MOSS 2007 form library.  I used the contact selector function, and created the context.xml.  The contact selector appears to work fine in the SP library, but I can't get any value to promote to the SP Library.  I am using the normal promotion steps...i.e. promoting the first instance of DisplayName, etc.

Anyone seen this or have a resolution?  I need the name to promote for workflow.

Thanks...

Patrick

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, April 22, 2011 6:11 PM - IP 2007 form Created in IP 2010 published to MOSS 2007 useful in text but not needed in Title as MOSS 2007 / InfoPath are default in this forum
    Friday, April 22, 2011 6:02 PM

Answers

• Oh, there IS a bug related to this topic, I believe.  I had forgotten about that, but there is an issue with using 2010 to modify pre-existing 2007 forms and promoting fields, but I can't remember the exact scenario.  Someone else posted the issue, and I confirmed it (much to my chagrin), but I can't remember what "it" was.  I can confirm that I work on lots of 2007 forms using InfoPath 2010 (from different machines and in different domains), and most of them have Contact Selectors with promoted fields, so I don't think this is the exact issue.

Definitely try with a new form elsewhere.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:19 AM

All replies

• You can't promote the whole Contact Selector, but you can definitely promote the individual fields: DisplayName and AccountId.  I promote them all the time and rely on this heavily in my solutions.  These are repeating fields, so you can really only do much with the "first" or "last" function.  Merge just combines multiple values into a single line of text.
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 3:12 PM
  • You can't promote the whole Contact Selector, but you can definitely promote the individual fields: DisplayName and AccountId.  I promote them all the time and rely on this heavily in my solutions.  These are repeating fields, so you can really only do much with the "first" or "last" function.  Merge just combines multiple values into a single line of text.
    Thanks for the response.  I am promoting the individual fields the to the list (not the whole Contact Selector).  They are not populating with anything though.  I've done this before with IP2007 no problem.  The only difference is now I'm using IP2010 to modify the 2007 form (I'm keeping it as a 2007 form).  Maybe I should try publishing to a new list to see if there's some sort of glitch when I switched from IP 2007 to 2010 to modify the form. 
    Patrick
    Monday, April 25, 2011 7:01 PM
  • Oh, there IS a bug related to this topic, I believe.  I had forgotten about that, but there is an issue with using 2010 to modify pre-existing 2007 forms and promoting fields, but I can't remember the exact scenario.  Someone else posted the issue, and I confirmed it (much to my chagrin), but I can't remember what "it" was.  I can confirm that I work on lots of 2007 forms using InfoPath 2010 (from different machines and in different domains), and most of them have Contact Selectors with promoted fields, so I don't think this is the exact issue.

Definitely try with a new form elsewhere.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 3:19 AM
  • Hi Clayton,

Yes, I struggled through getting any fields related to the contact selector published.  I had to recreate the form in InfoPath Designer 2010.  I still created it as an InfoPath 2007 web based form, and was able to get values from my forms pushed to the SP Form library.  I am afraid I'm going to have to rebuild several forms that were created prior to us upgrading to InfoPath 2010.  I think if I try to modify them and republish from my new Designer 2010, they're going to not push out values to the promoted "DisplayName" field, for example.

Thanks,
    Patrick

Monday, May 2, 2011 7:15 PM