none
Math Extension ver .01 Release!

General discussion

• Hello all! I just came out with my first SB extension made in VB! It is a math extension. Download here

It has 9 objects including Arctan2 and Fire!

Please give input and bugs.

Thanks a lot!!

One thing that is impossible is impossible no matter if it is proven so first.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:03 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• If you could put it into a hyperlink like this: Math extension

it makes it a lot easier

I am a 10 year old that loves math, games, and computers. 'Binary is as easy as 1, 10, 11.'

Thursday, October 25, 2012 12:32 AM
  • I say that it's great for complicated math such as getting an object to move in a radial direction instead of linear and firing projectiles and like the math for making something jump and then have gravity pull it and other stuff!

I am a 10 year old that loves math, games, and computers. 'Binary is as easy as 1, 10, 11.'

Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:25 PM
  • Thanks! do you have any suggestions?

Friday, October 26, 2012 1:49 AM
    Answerer
  • Perhaps adding the number E so programmers don't have to type in the digits.

Friday, October 26, 2012 2:34 AM
  • I'm afraid I don't quite get your meaning.

Friday, October 26, 2012 3:07 PM
    Answerer
  • I'm afraid I don't quite get your meaning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_(mathematical_constant)
    Friday, October 26, 2012 3:07 PM
  • I added this to the Extensions Gallery: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/smallbasic/archive/2012/10/12/small-basic-extensions-gallery.aspx

You can create a "how to" doc for this like Gungan did on TechNet Wiki: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/14015.using-the-joysticks-game-controllers-extension-for-microsoft-small-basic.aspx

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Friday, October 26, 2012 5:37 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you very much!

Friday, October 26, 2012 6:46 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello all! I just came out with my first SB extension made in VB! It is a math extension. Download here

It has 9 objects including Arctan2 and Fire!

Please give input and bugs.

Thanks a lot!!

Hi. What math functions are included because I am doing heavy maths and i would like to know what is in here. Awesome job making a extension. I have not made any and I hope to one day contribute my own extension.
    Monday, October 19, 2015 12:16 AM
  • It also seems that the hyperlink or the zip might be broken.
    Monday, October 19, 2015 12:22 AM
  • I shall fix it promptly. :D 

The functions are: 

ArcTan2
     Fire
     Getacceleration
     GetAngle
     GetCircle
     Pi100
     RoundtoNearest
     Square
     SquareRoot

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'" Romans 14:11

Monday, October 19, 2015 12:34 AM
    Answerer
  • Link

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'" Romans 14:11

Monday, October 19, 2015 12:36 AM
    Answerer
  • My computer is safeguarded against certain websites and it seems that it doesnt like mediafire. oops. can u put it in a zip?
    Monday, October 19, 2015 12:46 AM
  • btw awesome extension. but isnt round to nearest already in smallbasic? Math.round? and square and squareroot?  for square its math.power(num, 2)
    Monday, October 19, 2015 12:49 AM
  • Yep. But I figured I could make things a little simpler looking if I made them there own class.

Round to nearest is not in SM though. This function will round to the nearest factor of a number. Like RoundToNearest(10,3) will output 9 and RoundToNearest(13,5) will output 15.

Monday, October 19, 2015 11:04 PM
    Answerer
  • So did you get mediafire working?

Monday, October 19, 2015 11:05 PM
    Answerer
  • no. my administrator put blocks on my computer to prevent me from accidently downloading a virus or something. I love ur quote by the way. man of God. noice.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 1:31 AM