none
exception.cs not found. RRS feed

All replies

• Something went wrong, but you can see that better than we.

You have the code, we only your message.

Success
    Cor

Monday, May 7, 2018 7:12 AM
  • Yes.  Something went wrong.

If I could see what it was, I wouldn't be posting here.

I just wondered if someone might know what causes this.

Regards, Graham VB Developer

Monday, May 7, 2018 7:29 AM
  • Does this happen during debugging?

With kind regards

Monday, May 7, 2018 8:06 AM
  • Yes it does.  And it's something caused by a bit of code I've introduced.  But, for the life of me, I can't find that bit of code.

Monday, May 7, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Since you as far as I can see not ever shown any code with all of your messages, I assume it is because of your code style. 

One of the reasons for your kind of problems can be this kind of code

Try
    dim a = 1/0
    Catch
    'I put my head in the sand and don't do anything
    End Try

Somewhere your program has then the chance too stop at an unpredictable place. 

Success
    Cor

Monday, May 7, 2018 8:22 AM
  • Under the IDE menu Debug/Windows/Exception Settings set Common Language Runtime Exceptions to True. When the program runs under Visual Studio and the exception happens it will break on the error, let us know what it is.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Monday, May 7, 2018 10:33 AM
  • exception.cs is apparently "The base class for all exceptional conditions." so I suppose the base class is saying the exception is not found.

I suppose a Try/Catch around code wouldn't show the exception if the base class exception.cs can't figure it out but I've no idea.

What code are you referring to that you added and what does it do?

La vida loca

Monday, May 7, 2018 11:05 PM
  • Yes it does.  And it's something caused by a bit of code I've introduced.  But, for the life of me, I can't find that bit of code.

Well it would be new code wouldn't it? In the future I would suggest backing up the known good project so when you test the updated project if anything goes wrong you can figure out what the difference in the source code or whatever is between the good backup and updated project maybe.

La vida loca

Monday, May 7, 2018 11:06 PM