Update Bing Map control RRS feed

• Question

• As required, I moved from "Bing Maps Silverlight, WPF, Windows Phone Controls" forum the following request:

How do I update the Bing Map control in VS2013 lightswitch from a desktop project under VS2012?

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• How do I update the Bing Map control in VS2013 lightswitch from a desktop project under VS2012?

If you want to use bing map control on your side, you need install Bing Maps Silverlight Control SDK.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2949

Install the Bing Maps for Silverlight and then update the references in the BingMapControl.Client project to point to the installed libraries.

If you have any concern, please give your response.

hope it helps.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 7:55 AM
  • I downloaded and installed the reported dll, then I referenced it in the project but now I don't know how to access.
    In VS2010/VS2012 it's available a directly usable control, as explained in the example: http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/TechEd/NorthAmerica/2011/DEV211
    (see at 57:23 min.)
    In VS2013 that control doesn't exist: what do I have to do?

Thanks

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:34 AM
  • See Beth Massi's article on how to update the manifests of extensions to make them work with new versions of LightSwitch.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bethmassi/archive/2013/07/18/quick-tip-getting-lightswitch-extensions-to-install-into-visual-studio-2013-preview.aspx

Simon Jones
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, please remember to "Mark as Answer". This will help other people find answers to their problems more quickly.

• Marked as answer by Vanni63 Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:19 PM
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 11:42 AM
  • It works! Thanks a lot, very helpful, it saved my life!
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:18 PM
  • You're more than welcome.
    I remember having exactly the same problem myself.

Simon Jones
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, please remember to "Mark as Answer". This will help other people find answers to their problems more quickly.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:23 PM
  • I believe the old Lightswitch Training Kit shows how to build the Bing Maps Control Extension.  It might be worth it to rebuild one.  For instance, I updated the manifest and got it to work in VS2013, but I was still getting some warnings about assembly reference conflicts because the extension was looking for older dlls.  Just a thought.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 4:57 PM