remote folder no longer accessible because of third party code? RRS feed

• Question

• I suspect that my remote folder is no longer accessible because it has been altered by a friend with Brackets and Java. Q.: Is there a way this can overcome? The reason I had it done was to be mobile phone compliant. Yet EW4 does accept Java Script. Maybe not open sourced Bracket editor originally by Adobe.
    Thursday, November 26, 2015 11:57 PM

Answers

• Thanks Steve. You really know your stuff!
    • Marked as answer by AussieFriend Friday, December 4, 2015 10:26 AM
    Friday, December 4, 2015 10:26 AM

All replies

• ???

What are you talking about? Java® is not javascript. You mention both; did you actually mean that both were used? Java® runs in a virtual machine and consists of bytecode. It does not execute natively in any browser of my knowledge. This forum is not appropriate for questions about Java®.

As far as Brackets, it is simply an editor, and outputs simple text files containing HTML markup, and perhaps javascript, either of which can be executed/rendered by the browser. They may also contain PHP, ASP, ASP/NET, etc., which require a server-side processor to execute. None of these will cause a folder to be "no longer accessible." whatever that means.

How are you trying to access it (step-by-step)? Are you trying to edit live using the FPSE? If so, the first advice you are going to receive is to quit that. It is not best practice, none of us here still do that, and we are probably not going to be able to help in that event.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, November 27, 2015 2:47 AM
  • Thanks Scott. I opened both local and remote site using EW4 only. There is on the remote side around button that looks like a traffic stop sign to the left of the folder. On the right it says 'excluded.' I do not use Front Page server extentions.
    Friday, November 27, 2015 5:13 AM
  • Thanks Scott. I opened both local and remote site using EW4 only. There is on the remote side around button that looks like a traffic stop sign to the left of the folder. On the right it says 'excluded.' I do not use Front Page server extentions.

Right click the file or folder and uncheck "Exclude from Publishing"

Expression Web MVP

Friday, November 27, 2015 2:24 PM
  • Thanks Steve. You really know your stuff!
    • Marked as answer by AussieFriend Friday, December 4, 2015 10:26 AM
    Friday, December 4, 2015 10:26 AM