Trap login logout time vb.net RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to trap the login time and logout time of the user using vb.net coding. I am new to vb.net, i read a lot of post in google and in this forum but didnt got a clear understanding on how to develop the application. Please help me with some codes which trigger events of login and logput and system lock.

Thanks!
    Boss

Wednesday, July 1, 2009 9:57 AM

Answers

• A Windows login?  That's not possible, you can't run VB.NET code until after the user successfully logged in.  Adding features to the Windows authentication system is a highly advanced programming task that requires native C/C++ code.  It used to require programming the GINA, Vista does something else.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Bossvb Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:01 PM
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 11:53 AM

All replies

• A Windows login?  That's not possible, you can't run VB.NET code until after the user successfully logged in.  Adding features to the Windows authentication system is a highly advanced programming task that requires native C/C++ code.  It used to require programming the GINA, Vista does something else.

Hans Passant.
    • Marked as answer by Bossvb Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:01 PM
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 11:53 AM
  • Thanks for the reply... Now in this case can i run a VBcode after a keystroke. I have written a code which pulls the user name and time from the system and adds the record in an ms access database. All i wish to know is how do i run the code on the keystroke event.

Thanks a lot!
    Boss
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:07 PM
  • Another help please...

I can pull the username... is there a code which pulls the logintime? i was just looking at Active DS Type Library, would that help... please advise.

thanks!
    Boss
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:10 PM