none
SP324081: Check that your Internet Explorer security settings will allow JavaScript and cookies. If enabled, please contact support.

Question

• I have tried everything I can think of. Both cookies and java are enabled in all my browsers, every address I found online dealing with vs15 is listed on my trusted sites list. I've even turned off the firewall. 

I'm running visual studio 2015 community .

It was working fine yesterday. Notifications were coming up that i needed an update on extension SQLite for Universal Windows Platform. 

the update didn't  complete with error the installation was unable to install the extension to all the selected products. For more info, click the install link at the bottom of the dialog. 'Global Location'

now I can't sign in.

Monday, September 5, 2016 4:36 AM

Answers

• Ok so I finally fixed my problem by uninstalling everything that had visual studio in its name in the Programs and features window. cleaned my drive and registry with ccleaner. then I reinstalled visual studio. 

now it signs in again

• Marked as answer by PBPuddin Monday, September 12, 2016 7:47 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2016 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hi PBPuddin,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

>>Notifications were coming up that i needed an update on extension SQLite for Universal Windows Platform.

Do you mean that you have trouble about installing this update extension, and then VS sign in also failed?

1. VS sign in uses IE browser, please make sure that your IE is update to 11 version.

2. Repair VS. Please make sure your VS is completely ok first.

Since you have add the trusted sites and enable JavaScript, sometimes, VS crashing could lead to fail to sign in, please go to Control Panel >Programs >Programs and Features, select Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and click on 'repair'.

3.If the repair doesn't work, how about changing another Microsoft account to sign in VS again.

If the above still no help, you may need to download a ISO from Microsoft official website then use this to repair your whole VS.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 5:59 AM
    • I'm using windows 10 with IE Version 11.103.14393.0
    • I have run repair on vs
    • I have run modify on VS and made sure everything was selected
    • I ran repair again.
    • I never get far enough to enter any credentials to sign in. the error message comes up as soon as sign in is selected
    • I'm downloading the iso right now.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 9:09 AM
  • No luck with the repair from iso.. still can't sign in.
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 8:37 PM
  • Hi PB,

Thanks for your update,

Could you please change another Microsoft account to sign in again to see if it works.

Also, remember to add the following sites to trust ones:

https://www.visualstudio.com/

https://login.microsoftonline.com/ 

https://login.live.com/ https://login.microsoftonline.com

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 9:36 AM
  • ok, I never get far enough to put in any sign in info. so there is no way to change the account I'm signing in as.

All of these sites are already listed in my trusted sites list

still no luck

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 3:00 PM
  • I am able to sign into visual studio on another pc in my home that is on the same network with my microsoft account. 
    Wednesday, September 7, 2016 3:28 PM
  • Hi PBuddin,

Now that you have already tried these steps but still no help, please take a look at the following link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27017318/unable-to-sign-in-to-visual-studio-2013

Some community members fixed it by going to https://app.vssps.visualstudio.com/profile/view , on the right part of the page under Account header you will see link "create a free account now". Just do it then log in your Visual Studio like you have tried before.

Then try to sign in to see if it works.

Best Regards,

Thursday, September 8, 2016 2:02 AM
  • Hi PBuddin,

Now that you have already tried these steps but still no help, please take a look at the following link:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27017318/unable-to-sign-in-to-visual-studio-2013

Some community members fixed it by going to https://app.vssps.visualstudio.com/profile/view , on the right part of the page under Account header you will see link "create a free account now". Just do it then log in your Visual Studio like you have tried before.

Then try to sign in to see if it works.

Best Regards,

I tried this and still nothing.

I then completely uninstalled vs. cleaned the drives with ccleaner, forced IE to update, cleaned the registry with ccleaner, turned all ie privacy and securety settings to disabled then re- enabled EVERYTHING. reinstalled vs2015 community ed. and still can not sign in. 

If I got to help/register Product. my license comes up correctly, and under all accounts I removed my account and added my account back with no problem 

but the sign in button above all accounts still will not go to the sign in screen

Thursday, September 8, 2016 5:05 PM
  • not sure if I'm chasing my tail here or not but I ran process monitor and noticed a few entries on devenv.exe when trying to sign in.

-HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ConnectedUser\UseAadWindowsIntegrated Name not Found Length:144

-HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\TeamFoundation\LegacyMSA Name not Found Length:144

-HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSCommon\ConnectedUser\IdeUser\Cache Name Not Found Desired access: Read/Write

-HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VSCommon\14.0\ClientServices\TokenStorage\VisualStudio\IdeUser Name Not Found Access: READ

Do any of these have to do with sign in. if so How do I correct them

Thursday, September 8, 2016 6:04 PM
  • Hi PBPuddin,

As is often the case, if we install the VS successfully, the process monitor catches the similar information as you provided, for example: Name not Found could exist.

Last I want to say is how about uninstalling the whole VS, and re-install again, because the issue happened after applying to the extension of SQLite for Universal Windows Platform. 

Best Regards,

Friday, September 9, 2016 8:24 AM
  • As I wrote in my last post. I just uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled it. unless there is something I am missing that should have also been uninstalled.

I'm not sure at this point what all comes with VS that wouldn't be uninstalled when you uninstall vs2015 community edition from programs and features

Friday, September 9, 2016 9:19 AM
  • Hi PBPuddin,

During the whole troubleshooting process is too long, I think  I'm not capable to help solve this currently, but I will invite other Microsoft senior engineer for dedicated support.

Thank you for your understanding,

Best Regards,

Friday, September 9, 2016 9:23 AM
  • Thanks for all your help. I'm in the process of uninstalling everything I can think of that has anything to do with vs or sql. I'll then clean the registry again and than I'll try a fresh install. hopefully this will fix the issue. And hopefully I don't uninstall anything needed by windows 10.
    Friday, September 9, 2016 10:28 AM
  • Ok so I finally fixed my problem by uninstalling everything that had visual studio in its name in the Programs and features window. cleaned my drive and registry with ccleaner. then I reinstalled visual studio. 

now it signs in again

• Marked as answer by PBPuddin Monday, September 12, 2016 7:47 PM
    Monday, September 12, 2016 7:47 PM
  • Hi PBPuddin,

Glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your solution and result here.

Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:35 AM