• Question

• Hi,

Here's my development environment:

- .NET Framework 4.0

- Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate

- Office Professional Plus 2010

- Windows Enterprise 7, 64 bits

- Windows Forms

I've a combo box displaying the names of some companies (the parent table) and a report viewer displaying the financial statements of such companies (the child table). The code in the ComboBox.SelectedIndexChanged event is:

FinancialsReportViewer.RefreshReport()

The report viewer displays financial statements that don't correspond to the company in the combo box. However, when I click the built-in refresh button in the report viewer, the report refreshes and everything is OK. Another curious issue is that the ReportViewer.ReportRefresh event isn't triggered after an item in the combo box changes. I think solving this little bug should be easy.

In summary:

• When the selected item in the combo box changes, (a) the report viewer isn't refreshed and (b) the report refresh event isn't triggered.
    • When I click the built-in refresh button, (a) the report viewer displays the correct information and (b) the report refresh event is triggered.

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Mallen

• Edited by Carlos Mallen Sunday, August 31, 2014 4:20 PM Typo
    • Moved by Carl Cai Monday, September 1, 2014 3:12 AM more related
    Sunday, August 31, 2014 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since I'm doing all data binding in the form at design time, the correct place to call for a refresh was when the position of the parent data binding source changed, not when the selected item in the combo box changed.

Kind regards,

Carlos Mallen

• Marked as answer by Carlos Mallen Monday, September 15, 2014 6:12 AM
    Monday, September 15, 2014 6:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Your question is related to ReportViewer, Here is a forum specially for ReportViewer.
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=vsreportcontrols

We have helped you move this thread to ReportViewer forum to get supports.

Best regards,

Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Youjun Tang Monday, September 1, 2014 3:21 AM
    Monday, September 1, 2014 3:21 AM
  • Hi,

Since I'm doing all data binding in the form at design time, the correct place to call for a refresh was when the position of the parent data binding source changed, not when the selected item in the combo box changed.

Kind regards,

Carlos Mallen

• Marked as answer by Carlos Mallen Monday, September 15, 2014 6:12 AM
    Monday, September 15, 2014 6:12 AM