none
Watchdog timer driver RRS feed

• Question

• hi

As i want to implement hardware watch dog timer in wince 7.0, my platform i.mx6 support the hardware watchdog .

i want to control that watchdog from my application. like init , refresh etc. . i have to implement the interrupt also manes when the timeout happens interrupt should be triggered and in interrupt i need to reset  the hardware .

for that should i need to write the driver ? or  there is other method to achieve this . is there any sample available ? 

Thanks

bipul pandey 

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 9:35 AM

Answers

• Bipul,

The watchdog timer code is already present in i.MX6 BSP

~\SRC\OAL\OALLIB\timer.c

~\OAL\TIMER\SYSTIMER_MPPVTTMR\timer.c

As Bruce has suggested either you write a simple stream interface driver and give access to application using read/write/IOControl etc

Or Reause the OAL code using KernelIOControl 

Check some example code in your BSP like :

~\SRC\TEST\PMTEST\PmTest\pmtest.cpp

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Thursday, April 9, 2015 6:53 PM

All replies

• You need to either write a driver, or put it in the kernel (KernelIoControl)

Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 12:37 PM
  • Hi, Bruce

first option is write the driver i am clear about that ....

second option  put the watch dog timer code in the karnal and acces by ther kernalIOcontrol methods

can you elaborate more on this

i have some question which kernal IOCTL i will use for the accessing the code of watch dog timer ? i have read some solution online through OEM (OEMinit())

Thanks

bipul pandey

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 6:31 PM
  • Bipul,

The watchdog timer code is already present in i.MX6 BSP

~\SRC\OAL\OALLIB\timer.c

~\OAL\TIMER\SYSTIMER_MPPVTTMR\timer.c

As Bruce has suggested either you write a simple stream interface driver and give access to application using read/write/IOControl etc

Or Reause the OAL code using KernelIOControl 

Check some example code in your BSP like :

~\SRC\TEST\PMTEST\PmTest\pmtest.cpp

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Thursday, April 9, 2015 6:53 PM