ASPNETCOMPILER 1 RRS feed

• Question

• User-913480147 posted

I am keep getting this error while building web deployment project. Never received such error before with same project. which directory it's refering too?

Error 5 The target directory is not empty, and does not appear to contain a previously compiled application. Please delete it manually, or choose a different target. ASPNETCOMPILER 1 1 MyWebService.WebServiceDeploy 

Tuesday, October 3, 2006 3:01 PM

All replies

• User2053397586 posted

got the same error just now and this is the only hit I got after googling.  i LOVE how vs 2005 documents their error messages so well (fire-breathing sarcasm [666]).

anyways, I deleted everything but the wdproj file in the deployment directory (in your case WebServiceDeploy).  More specifically, delete both the Release and Debug directories (if you have them).

good luck

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 1:27 PM
  • User2053397586 posted

got the same error just now and this is the only hit I got after googling.  i LOVE how vs 2005 documents their error messages so well (fire-breathing sarcasm [666]).

anyways, I deleted everything but the wdproj file in the deployment directory (in your case WebServiceDeploy).  More specifically, delete both the Release and Debug directories (if you have them).

good luck

• User2053397586 posted

good luck

• User1864166863 posted

Compile all your projects individually of one another, if you're getting this message.  (Right Click on each project and compile it that way).   Fix all errors and enjoy a working program.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 4:39 PM
  • User-1447099721 posted

the same issue with me , i deleted the deplyment project and re-add it  , it works fine

Monday, October 3, 2011 3:33 AM