none
ASDK deploy: install option not available after reboot

Question

• Hi all,

I am stuck at step 2 of Deploy the dev Kit (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-run-powershell-script): I don't get the install option but the same Prepare Environment as in step 6 of Prepare the development kit host section of the instructions. I have done a fresh install of the OS (Win2016 DC) and got the same outcome.

Any suggestions as to what could be wrong? Thanks in advance.

========

Answer from Charles Joy:

So, after going through the prepare steps (Selecting the CloudBuilder.vhdx, configuring the unattend file, and rebooting, and rerunning the asdk-installer (post reboot)), you only get the Prepare option again? Can you validate that you have successfully booted into the CloudBuilder.vhdx?

Alternatively, you could do the prepare steps outside the asdk-installer.ps1 tool, as all it is really doing is assisting you through the bcdedit steps, and including an unattend file (with whatever you have chosen to configure, like password, time zone, drivers, etc.).

Either way, so we can assist you better, can you please post a comment over on the Forum, so we can track it with the rest of the community support offered for ASDK?

-Charles

========

Reply:

Hi Charles, first off, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, you got the scenario I am experiencing right. Re: how do I validate that I have successfully booted into the CloudBuilder.vdhx?

TIA.

Wednesday, December 06, 2017 7:47 PM

All replies

• Hello,

To validate that you have successfully booted into the CloudBuilder.vdhx,

Run: get-disk

Msft Virtual Disk Healthy   Online    120 GBMBR

If you have a ‘MSFT Virtual Disk’ listed as one of your disks, you have successfully booted into CloudBuilder.vhdx

Let us know how it goes.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you experience any issues with Azure Stack or the current ASDK release, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Gary Gallanes

Thursday, December 07, 2017 6:51 PM
  • Hi Charles, Gary,

Good news, I was able to cd to the E: drive and continue with the install process. I am currently unblocked, I will update you as I go forward. Thanks again for your help!!

Manny

Thursday, December 07, 2017 8:20 PM