none
Bizspark Windows 8 On MSDN Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
       I'm a member of the Bizspark program and as such my MSDN subscription is "Bizspark Admin". I thought this was equivalent to Visual
    Studio Ultimate with MSDN Subscription.  I can download all versions of VS2012 RTM but only the base Windows 8 version.  I need pro or enterprise to join my test domain but they are "
    not available at your subscription level". Is this simply a mistake by whoever set the permissions on MSDN or am I never going to be entitled to these products?

• Edited by StormOli Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:31 PM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:23 PM

Answers

• Its neither StormOli.  i'm going to make a post on this to make this more clear for everyone, but for now:

Click to Windows 8, and then view the Product Keys link.  You should see a Windows 8 Pro key that you can use for the retail build of Windows 8.

Windows 8 is like Vista, where you'll get a different build if you use a different Key.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:33 PM

All replies

• Its neither StormOli.  i'm going to make a post on this to make this more clear for everyone, but for now:

Click to Windows 8, and then view the Product Keys link.  You should see a Windows 8 Pro key that you can use for the retail build of Windows 8.

Windows 8 is like Vista, where you'll get a different build if you use a different Key.

Thanks,
    Mike

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:33 PM
  • Thanks Mike,
        I managed to download the Win 8 ISO before the entire net desended on MSDN. Didn't get a Product key at the same time so I'm off to do battle ;-)

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:50 PM
  • haha nice work :)  yea we're getting slammed right now.  good luck!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:56 PM
  • Hi Mike, I am also a Bizspark member. This post helped me to get Windows 8 pro key. However I could not figure out how to enable enterprise edition. The only keys available are Windows 8 and pro and the links to enterprise edition shows a message indicating that edition is not available for my subscription level.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:46 AM
  • Dear tjacob0,

BizSpark members subscription level is MSDN Visual Studio w/ MSDN, but it doesn't include any Business or Enterprise products. Check the following excel file which will help you to compare the available products based on your subscription level.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/5/4/15454442-CF17-47B9-A65D-DF84EF88511B/Products_by_Benefit_Level.xlsx

(or) click "Details" on the "<label class="description">Windows 8 Enterprise (x86) - DVD (English)" you will be able to see "</label><label class="detailtitle">Available to these Subscription Levels:" If your BizSpark subscription doesn't listed then you have no access to it.</label>

<label class="detailtitle">Regards,
    prathaprabhu</label>

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:59 AM
  • Thanks Prathapraphu. Yes I see that only Win 8 and Pro are listed for BizSpark.  But as the original post suggests, I was also under the impression that Bizspark is equivalent to Visual Studio Ultimate. So in my opinion the original question is still unanswered.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:03 PM
  • Dear tjacob0,

So i have answered to your question - As i already stated BizSpark uses MSDN Visual Studio Ultimate Subscription level but certain products are not available, which are Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Pro VL, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 8 Pro VL and so on. Though you can also contact your BizSpark access provider for more information.

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:56 PM